FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(FALLS CHURCH, VIRGINIA – September 6, 2019) The Baptist World Alliance (BWA) is accepting applicants for a new full-time position: Director of Integral Mission (DIM). This Director will work in close collaboration with the General Secretary to further develop the core ministry areas of leading in evangelism and mission while providing administrative oversight and leadership in the areas of defending religious freedom, human rights, and justice; and advancing theological reflection and transformational leadership. This position will continue to help fulfill the mission of the BWA, “Networking the Baptist Family to Impact the World for Christ.”
“I am excited to announce this position, the next step in the strategic growth of our BWA Team,” said Rev. Dr. Elijah Brown, BWA General Secretary. “Our global Baptist family has been unified by the Great Commission for more than 100 years, and this position is an expression of our continued commitment to evangelism and mission.”
Key qualifications for this position include:
- A personal, passionate calling and commitment to evangelism and mission
- A strong administrative skillset to lead the development and implementation of programs that will network BWA member bodies, churches, and individuals, especially in the area of evangelism and mission
- A clear commitment to personal spiritual growth, local Baptist church participation, and love for mobilizing others to engage in ministry
Key priorities for this position:
- Develop and implement an overarching strategy for BWA engagement in evangelism and mission around the world
- Provide administrative oversight and leadership of commissions, which offer global Baptists opportunities to engage in research, dialogue, and collaborative action around agreed areas of concern to churches and individuals
- Engage in efforts to directly help Baptists around the world as they encounter justice challenges such as conflict, persecution, and arrest with due consideration to others who may also face similar situations
- Develop and implement an overarching strategy for BWA engagement in advancing theological reflection and transformational leadership
The BWA is conducting a global search and actively welcomes applicants from every region of the world. The application deadline is October 11, 2019.
For more information or to share details about this job opportunity, please visit the BWA Director of Integral Mission Informational Page.
The Baptist World Alliance, founded in 1905, is a fellowship of 240 conventions and unions in 125 countries and territories comprising 47 million baptized believers in 169,000 churches. For more than 100 years, the Baptist World Alliance has networked the Baptist family to impact the world for Christ with a commitment to strengthen worship, fellowship and unity; lead in mission and evangelism; respond to people in need through aid, relief, and community development; defend religious freedom, human rights, and justice; and advance theological reflection and leadership development.
J. Merritt Johnston
Director of Communications & Media
Phone: +1 (214) 577-9187