Religious Freedom, Human Rights & Justice
Committed to a biblical understanding of the image of God in every person, we defend an ethic of life; support religious freedom for all; stand in solidarity with the marginalized; advocate at every level; train and network proactively; and mobilize for religious freedom, human rights, and justice.
Primary Ministry Programs
- 21Wilberforce Global Freedom Center
Advance religious freedom awareness, training, support and advocacy through the initiatives of the 21Wilberforce Global Freedom Center of the BWA
- United Nations Advocacy
Supported by 6 BWA volunteers in Europe and in New York, USA
- Denton & Janice Lotz Human Rights Award
Presented at each BWA Annual Gathering to recognize an individual for significant and effective efforts to secure, protect, restore, or preserve human rights as they are stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights or in other declarations on human rights
- Congress Quinquennial Human Rights Award
Pesented at each BWA Congress to recognize an individual for a lifetime of significant and effective efforts to secure, protect, restore, or preserve human rights as they are stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights or in other declarations on human rights
- Commission on Christian Ethics
- Commission on Religious Freedom
- Commission on Human Rights, Peacebuilding, and Reconciliation
Religious Freedom Monitoring
The BWA has launched a new partnership with 21Wilberforce to immediately enhance religious freedom monitoring and advocacy in all 125 countries and territories where there is a BWA member body. We are monitoring two very real religious freedom challenges:
- denial of healthcare service to religious minorities regardless of their religion
- governments which might attempt to use understandable public health concerns to turn temporary closures of worship facilities into permanent closures that deny the opportunity for people of religious faith to gather for communal worship.
We will therefore be offering immediate, enhanced religious freedom monitoring and advocacy in all 125 countries and territories.
REPORT A VIOLATION