The Baptist World Alliance respects the privacy of every visitor to our website. Your privacy is a priority, and we go to great lengths to protect it. This section is meant to inform you of our privacy policies regarding your personal information and donations to our ministries. By visiting the BWA at this website, you accept the practices described in these policies.
The Baptist World Alliance desires to provide transparency into our privacy practices and principles and to inform you of the way your information is collected and used. We continue to treat your information with care and respect.
Information We Collect
Personal Information that may be used to uniquely identify you, such as information you provide to us online such as your name and contact information such as mailing or email addresses. From time to time we may ask for other information from you, such as your preferences, comments, or interest level, or even other personal information such as age, affiliation, etc. When you visit our websites, use our mobile applications, open emails we send, or use our applications on third-party websites or platforms, we collect anonymous information such as usage, location, viewing, and technical data (such as your device identifier or IP address.)
How We Collect Information
In order to personalize our interactions with you and complete transactions you request, we collect information that you provide when:
- You request information or materials from our organization;
- you give us information to make online donations; and
- via various online tracking technologies.
Collecting information allows us to compile statistics about our website’s usage and effectiveness.
How We Use Information
The Baptist World Alliance uses information you provide to understand your needs and interests and provide better experiences and contacts with you. Consistent with local law and options and controls available to you depending on your legal residence, we may also use your information to:
- Provide you with information you request from us;
- Complete any transactions you request or issue donation tax receipts. (Credit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for any other purposes.)
- Communicate with you about your donation or registration transaction with us;
- Send you information about our ministry or features on our websites and applications;
- Personalize content and experiences on our websites and applications;
- Provide promotion and communication about our ministry based on your activity on our websites and applications and on third-party web sites and applications;
- Improve or optimize our contact with you and your experience with us;
- Detect, investigate, or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Keeping Your Information Secure
The Baptist World Alliance is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The BWA diligently employs technologies for internet communication to enable applicable Internet Encryption Software and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Information you enter can be expected to be encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at the server where it reaches us. Please be aware that, despite best efforts at every juncture, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Personal Information Sharing
The Baptist World Alliance never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges your personal information to third parties.
Your personal information will only be shared if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or when disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable regulations, laws, comply with a legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Baptist World Alliance, our constituents, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Identities of all who contact us through this website will be kept confidential. Use of personal information will be limited to the internal purposes of Baptist World Alliance and further, will be used only as will meet our ministry activities and purposes.
Because some partners or interested parties place a link to our website on their website, you may reach our website from a third party internet location. Third-party organizations may also collect anonymous information about your activity on our websites and applications and on third-party web sites and applications using online tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these third-party companies is used to decide which advertisements or organizational links you see on third-party websites and applications, but does not identify you personally.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertisements from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative on the Internet.