BWA General Council Resolution 1981.4
The General Council of the Baptist World Alliance wishes to state its concern and position regarding multiple but interrelated crises in the Near and Middle East in the following expressions:
- We express our profound concern regarding the blatant disregard for human rights, civil liberties and national self-determination.
- We express our resistance to the pattern whereby powers outside the Near and Middle East manipulate the geo-political situation for national advantage.
- We express our commitment to the pursuit of peace, liberty and social justice simultaneously.
- We call on Baptists in every land to pray for peace in the Near and Middle East.
- We urge all Baptists to become informed about the ethical and moral dimensions of political conflict in the Near and Middle East.
- We urge Baptists to appeal through all possible channels to effect peaceful political change.
Original Source Bibliography: Claas, Gerhard, editor. Baptist World Alliance 1981 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory. Washington, DC: Baptist World Alliance, 1981.
Original Source Footnote/Endnote: Gerhard Claas, ed., Baptist World Alliance 1981 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory (Washington, DC: Baptist World Alliance, 1981), p. 39.
Online Document Full Citation: BWA General Council Resolution 1981.4 Crisis in the Near and Middle East; https://baptistworld.org/resolutions.