BWA General Council Resolution 1986.9
The BWA General Council, meeting in Singapore, July 1986:
- affirms its solidarity with the Nicaraguan Baptist Convention;
- notes with pleasure that delegations of Baptists from various parts of the world have established personal and church links with our brothers and sisters in Nicaragua and encourages other Baptist Unions and Conventions to do the same;
- commends the Contadora Peace Process and urges all nations involved to utilize negotiations in accordance with it;
- calls on our Unions and Conventions to support and encourage the Contadora Process;
- reaffirms the resolution on Nicaragua passed at the BWA Congress in Los Angeles in 1985, and in the light of that, once again urges Baptists worldwide to use whatever means are most appropriate in their country to press for de-escalation of the conflict;
- expresses its disapproval of any attempt made by any nation to fight against the democratically elected government of Nicaragua.
Original Source Bibliography: Claas, Gerhard, editor. Baptist World Alliance 1986 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory. McLean, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 1986.
Original Source Footnote/Endnote: Gerhard Claas, ed., Baptist World Alliance 1986 Yearbook: Minutes of the General Council Meeting and Directory (McLean, VA: Baptist World Alliance, 1986), pp. 53-54.
Online Document Full Citation: BWA General Council Resolution 1986.9 Nicaragua; https://o7e.4a3.myftpupload.com/resolutions.
In-text Online Document Citation: (BWA General Council Resolution 1986.9).