Through the Division on Freedom and Justice, the Baptist World Alliance promotes respect for human rights, especially religious liberty, and justice in human affairs as values that are grounded in Scripture and in the faith of the church.
Want to be a financial partner in this global work? Click Here to GIVE!
- Our sisters and brothers in Lalitpur, Nepal, have asked for prayers for a variety of situations in their country.
- Our Baptist sisters and brothers from Ethiopia request our prayers for their country during these difficult days.
The BWA may establish commissions from time to time by the Executive Committee, drawing together appropriate persons from Member Bodies to serve in reflection, study and, where appropriate, action. The Nominations Committee will receive, review and recommend persons to the General Council to serve as core members on such Commissions and Committees (Article VII:2).
For a summary of each of the Commissions Click Here
- Commission on Creation Care
- Commission on Human Rights Advocacy
- Commission on Interfaith Relations
- Commission on Peace and Reconciliation
- Commission on Racial and Gender Justice
- Commission on Religious Liberty
- Commission on Social and Economic Justice
- The BWA is a non-governmental organization in consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council and a member of the Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations.
To receive news releases, newsletters, magazines and other information and resources, click here.